< Horo's Main Site
— Joint Venture Nibor – Projects: Robin # 11: Alien Atlantis —
Robin # 11: Alien Atlantis
- Initiated by: David. Date: 1 November 2005.
- Motto (by Horo): Seen from the hill and from some distance, the city
with the breathtakingly high skyscrapers and the voids, the ravines between the
buildings and the connecting archways at different levels looked less threatening
— almost inviting — in the warm colours of the sunset.
- Bryce Source File Size: 4.2 MB
- Horo enlarged the city and added 12 trees at the west end of the peninsula.
- Bryce Source File Size: 6.8 MB.
v02c: David (Bryce crashes on load)
- After a re-read of the text David decided to try and capture a more
«dreaming» and more «distant» effect, hence the
shift to a parametric render — which he knows is not the easiest thing
to contend with but it's something he's been tinkering around with recently
and feels he aught to get to grips with. Seems to suit this subject well.
He's also extensively modified the sky, moved the alternate sun around a bit.
He moved the hill and camera and put a new material on the cities. The source
file crashes Bryce 5 & 5.5. because of the trees.
- Bryce Source File Size: 6.3 MB.
- David made an alernative with a beautiful sky, giving the scene a sombre,
mystical touch. This was never intended to continue this Robin, because it
does not fit the motto.
- Bryce Source File Size: 5.5 MB.
- After much head scratching, David rehashed this image — several times
over in fact … He abandoned the panoramic because he felt that it was
taken away any posibility of the city being «threatening» in the
first place. He made a little widget in Wings3D, imported it in, dupilcated
and scaled it to make a group of buildings, then duplicted that group four
times to make a cluster and then added a few tori and a couple of plasma
flames and a couple or three depth charges. He modifed water and sky, again,
because he couldn't resist fidding with things. And he threw away the terrain
and started again, so in actual fact, much like the old broom which has had x
number of stales and heads — bit by bit he'd acutally gone and remade
the entire file, the only thing he'd stuck with, he believes, is the alternative
sun and the building material.
- Bryce Source File Size: 14.6 MB.
- Horo added two city blocks and put them behind the «industrial»
buildings. He also changed camera angle slightly and moved it up.
- Bryce Source File Size: 15.1 MB.
- David made a few simple modifications with the materials, lighting, camera
angle and sky and added a new building.
- Bryce Source File Size: 16.9 MB.
- Horo removed terrain under the initial town and set the water level
lower. He made two foundations for the town and two terrains left of
the town and in the foreground. He separated the individual parts to
create artificial water chanals and added another set of town terrains
on 2nd foundation. Then, he adjusted the camera position and lowered
FOV. He changed the colour of the sun and haze to a bit more yellow
and he also changed the sun azimuth and elevation angles to bring out
the clouds and create «smog» for the town on the 2nd
- Bryce Source File Size: 22.1 MB.
- David dropped the camera but still kept the canals into the left
hand corner. He increased the light on the flares, added the orange
gas mat to the sky — it's on Bryce5.com as a free download. He
added «The Bug» that's a free download from DAZ and finally
added another building/structure terrain to the base of the
- Bryce Source File Size: 29.7 MB.
- Horo replaced the flat terrain at left with the one David had put
under the town. The same terrain was also put on the terrain in the
foreground and the underlying one was lowered. A residental district
was made with high appartment flats. At the back, another terrain was
added and a town put on.
- Bryce Source File Size: 28.5 MB.
- An airborne vehicle floats near the pyramid of the rulers.