< Horo's Main Site
— Joint Venture Nibor – Projects: Robin # 17: Antarctic Camp —
Robin # 17: Antarctic Camp
- Initiated by: David. Date: 14 May 2006.
- Motto (by Horo): Antarctic Camp.
David put in a sky, added a foreground terrain with material and
an infinite glacial plane. He also put in a midground and distant terrain
and added material to it.
- Bryce Source File Size: 3.0 MB
- Horo created a derelict, deserted and abandoned camp on an elevated
platform with container dwellings.
- Bryce Source File Size: 8.7 MB.
- David removed Horo's containers and created new ones in Wings. The
containers came from DAZ|Studio and the setup exploded whenever they
were clicked on. Hence, they had to be removed. This bug could finally
be repeated reliably. The problem was located in files started in a beta
version of Bryce 5.5. It took Horo nearly four days to figure this out.
- Bryce Source File Size: 9.5 MB.
- Horo moved camera and readjusted FOV, moved the camp out on the
plane, then re-scaled, turned and adapted foreground terrain. He
redid sky completely.
- Bryce Source File Size: 12.8 MB.
- David added in a light at the camera to fill in a bit of ambient
to compensate for the extreme sun position. He made a tower in Wings3D
and rendered with DOF.
- Bryce Source File Size: 13.3 MB.
- Horo made a new tower in Bryce, on the base of a triangle and made
the sky more dramatic using two 2D-faces with real cloud photographs
with a transparency setting. He decreased the sun disk intensity and
the sun glow intensity.
- Bryce Source File Size: 26.5 MB.
- David tweaked the terrain material to work with a lower light
setting. He ditched DOF to work with the sharper mat. He increased
the «ruggedness» and resolution of the nearest terrains.
Then he lowered the camera and widened the shot for better compositional
balance and to give the viewing angle a more «human»
perspective. He then hid the sun, which was showing through the clouds
slightly were it should not and put in an extra light to simulate more
sun. Finally he changed the colour of the haze to be a better compliment
to the cloud.
- Bryce Source File Size: 55.9 MB.
- Horo added a weather baloon (with a light) and an aeroplane
(DAZ3D Biplane with swimmers as ski replacements taken from
airplane in Hexagon library). The biplane had wheels, which is
inadequate for landing in such a place.
- Bryce Source File Size: 80.0 MB.
- David put some light on the aircraft to make it more cinematic.
- Bryce Source File Size: 80.1 MB.
- Horo added the pilot.
- Bryce Source File Size: 80.2 MB.
- Antarctic Camp